Valentine’s day is always better with someone special….DUH. For the rest of us, not swooning over new love or even better, old love, it is a day we are forced to reflect on or avoid, or both. But for fun, let me share some things I really do love about being single…no, really. 😉
1. I am the master of the remote control–if I were dating this might be a battle.
2. I don’t have to watch CNN, ESPN, FX, EVER. And no one heckles me if I happen to flip past, & then, flip back to Private Practice or Gray’s Anatomy.
3. Other than the dogs, no one snores around here, that I know of.
4. Not that I would, but if I want, I can double-dip into the yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, cake batter…I don’t even really have to BAKE the damn cake. I can just eat batter with the spoon…hypothetically.
5. No one pees in my bath tub, for any reason, EVER.
6. I can dry laundry over the heater without reprimand of stringing skivvies around the house.
7. My skivvies may, or may not, be lace. It really doesn’t matter.
8. I never have to wonder what he’s thinking about, if we’re happy, if we’re getting married, if he’s leaving, if he’s…anything.
9. I can change my mind at any given moment to do, or not to do, nearly anything–other than walk the dogs, which is not negotiable, apparently.
10. Quite often, I really do love the quiet & comfort of my very own home. Me & the dogs.
Happy Valentines Day, d xo