December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
I’m behind in my Reverb1o postings. Some of them are just too difficult to answer so I pass. This one is tough, but let’s see what happens.
I can think of so many things my life needs, but needs to get rid of? Would that be the opposite of the first, what I need?
1. I need more friends, so I need to get rid of loneliness.
2. I need to make more money, so I need to get rid of the belief that I can’t make more doing what I love.
3. I need more in-breaths, more air, so I need to get rid of my fear of going to yoga. Ironic, I know.
4. I need more patience for art, crafts, tasks I used to love, so I need to get rid of my rollercoaster mind, one that never stop, or slows down. I loathe to say the word meditation, as the thought of sitting that still makes my skin crawl, but that thought showed up for a reason.
5. I need more life in my life, so I need to get rid of the ghosts that haunt me about being safe in the world. I was once so brave, so fearless out there.
6. I need more laughter in my life, so I need to get rid of some sorrow. So much letting go to be done–or pushing ahead.
7. I need more love in my life, so I need to get rid of my story about myself that keeps me from going out there and dating. I am not broken. I just am. So is everyone else. Repeat this to myself often.
8. I need more personal compassion in my life, so I need to get rid of believing I am not wanted, loved, cared for, needed. It’s possible I might be.
9. I need more calm in my life, so I need to get rid of anxiety and panic. The word yoga and meditation keep popping up and I keep pushing them back down. Who will win?
10. I need many things I don’t always want to work for. How do I balance out that tug-of-war? What do I get rid of to learn to be involved in a community without feeling overwhelmed and burdened by it? What do I get rid of? My prompensitiy for quiet, solitude, wide open spaces? No thank you. Because number 11 is:
11. I need more quiet mind, inner peace, time in nature and wide open spaces. What do I get rid of for that if I don’t want to pack up and move back to the mountains? Live in my jeep again. I’ve grown rather found of a bathtub & kitchen. I need to get rid of that all-or-nothing idea, learn to live in-between, in peace, in calm, over and over and over.